media definitions for ATM

Harti Brandt brandt at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Apr 22 03:09:58 PDT 2003

Hi all,

in preparation for a SUNI module that allows uniform access to the ATM
layer stuff for most ATM cards I want to introduce if_media definitions for ATM.
Neither OpenBSD nor NetBSD seems to have them, I don't know about BSD/OS
(is there a place on can look at their header files?). While you normally can't
switch media on an ATM card, it makes sense to be able to toggle media
options via ifconfig (SDH and Sonet, for example) and see the carrier state.c
So driven by the lack of prior art I came up with the following definitions
that use the next available media code (5):

/*
 * ATM
 */
#define IFM_ATM	0x000000a0
#define IFM_ATM_UNKNOWN		3
#define IFM_ATM_TAXI_100	4
#define IFM_ATM_TAXI_140	5
#define IFM_ATM_MM_155		6
#define IFM_ATM_SM_155		7
#define IFM_ATM_UTP_155		8
#define IFM_ATM_MM_622		9
#define IFM_ATM_SM_622		10
#define IFM_ATM_SDH		0x00000100	/* SDH instead of SONET */
#define IFM_ATM_NOSCRAMB	0x00000200	/* no scrambling */
#define IFM_ATM_UNASSIGNED	0x00000400	/* unassigned cells */

Would these be ok? Does anybody know of any conflicts with other *BSD*?

harti
--
harti brandt,
http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private