cvs commit: src/usr.bin/killall killall.1 killall.c src/usr.sbin Makefile src/usr.sbin/jail jail.8 jail.c src/usr.sbin/jexec Makefile jexec.8 jexec.c src/usr.sbin/jls Makefile jls.8 jls.c

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 10 11:21:50 PDT 2003

On 10-Apr-2003 Nate Lawson wrote:
> Please take this to arch at .  Headers changed appropriately.
>
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, John Baldwin wrote:
>> On 09-Apr-2003 Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>> > Whatever, path components should be path components.
>>
>> You mean like this?
>>
>> > sysctl -N net.inet.tcp.syncache
>> net.inet.tcp.syncache.bucketlimit
>> net.inet.tcp.syncache.cachelimit
>> net.inet.tcp.syncache.count
>> net.inet.tcp.syncache.hashsize
>> net.inet.tcp.syncache.rexmtlimit
>
> The answer to your question will depend on whether or not he likes the
> sysctl namespace.  My question was different:  since jail already implies
> a location in file namespace, why implement a new and disjoint namespace
> for it?

jail -n one /foo/bar
jail -n two /foo/bar

The path for a jail is not necessairly unique across all jails.