FreeBSD apache 2.4.25 (build fail)

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 01:01:31 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

On FreeBSD I have found an issue, specially when we are building the module
mpm_itk together with the newest apache version 2.4.25 that makes the build
fail with an error.

the previous version:
usr/local/include/apache24/ap_config_auto.h:253:9: warning:
'PACKAGE_VERSION' macro redefined [-Wmacro-redefined]
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""

new version 2.4.25:
In file included from /usr/local/include/apache24/ap_config.h:138:
/usr/local/include/apache24/ap_config_auto.h:257:9: error:
'PACKAGE_VERSION' macro redefined [-Werror,-Wmacro-redefined]
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""

As you can see, apache package added on configure.in the option '-Werror',
the macro-redefined before was just a warning but now the build fail with
an error.

Attached there is a patch that make it build fine again on FreeBSD.
Basically in this patch I'm removing the -Werror.

NOTE: I can add this patch on FreeBSD port www/apache24.

Let me know what do you guys think about it.

Best,

Marcelo Araujo            (__)araujo at FreeBSD.org
\\\'',)http://www.FreeBSD.org <http://www.freebsd.org/>   \/  \ ^
Power To Server.         .\. /_)