www/apache24

Hans Ottevanger hans at beastielabs.net
Wed Mar 13 13:12:51 UTC 2013

On 03/06/13 17:16, Cy Schubert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone mind if I commit this? We can worry about updating the various
> apache modules in ports to apache24 at a later date but at least this is a
> start. It should give folks a chance to play with it and allow us to move
> forward with migrating the various modules in ports to apache 2.4.

[ Longish patches snipped ]

First of all, I applaud your initiative to provide a port for Apache
2.4.x. I have seen people asking for it since Apache 2.4 appeared about
a year ago and I think it will really help FreeBSD to keep at least some
credibility as a platform for web servers in the near future.

I intended to give your patches a spin on several versions of FreeBSD
these days, but your files have quite a few long lines that appear to
get folded in the email, and it appears to be not completely trivial to
reconstruct the originals. Could you please resend them as text
attachment, or maybe put them up for download somewhere?

Kind regards,

Hans Ottevanger