FreeBSD Port: apache-2.4.X & php5-5.4.X

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:10:32 UTC 2012

On 03/14/12 18:13, Gót András wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:16:47 +0100, Alex Dupre wrote:
>> Rainer Duffner wrote:
>>> For me, a much more important question is: is lang/php5 going to be
>>> updated to 5.4 (and thus 5.3 disappearing) or is there going to be yet
>>> another php-port (lang/php54)?
>>
>> php5 will be updated to 5.4. lang/php52 will continue to exist. 5.3 will
>> disappear unless someone will do the same work done for 5.2.
>
> Hi,
>
> Personally I don't think simply jumping from 5.3 to 5.4 is a good idea.
> Many "legacy" features are wiped out, which simply won't followed that
> fast by customers and even common CMS-es.

When will developers understand version tripplets.

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci at p6m7g8.com) c: 703.336.9354
Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Director Operations,              Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.