need some hint about how to handle the following issue (new bsd.apache.mk)

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 29 21:33:39 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-29 23:00, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> On 03/29/11 20:26, olli hauer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> working at the moment again on bsd.apache.mk and run into
>> an issue which is (for me) a show stopper but also present
>> in the actual bsd.apache.mk
> If its an existing issue, we don't need to worry about it for the
> default switch.  IIRC it is, b/c I've seen people complain about this
> with sparse ports tree checkouts.
>

>> Given someone has already apache22 installed and fire one of
>> the following command inside a port which has USE_APACHE=1.3
>> defined.
>>
>> - make describe
>> - make -V RUN_DEPENDS
>> - make -V BUILD_DEPENDS
>
>> Then the output shows the wrong dependency's.
>>
>> Has someone a hint how to evaluate these targets?
> I don't think there is a way to fix this without guttting most of
> bsd.apache.mk into a new infrastructure sytle.

Ok, then I will stop trying to solve this.

I uploaded a new diff and a the rewritten bsd.apache.mk

http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/Mk/PR_147009_ports__Mk__bsd.apache.mk_2011-03-29_01.diff
http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/Mk/PR_147009_bsd.apache.mk_2011-03-29_01.txt

The default is apache22 for anyone who want to test the new version
with apache13 as default the following lines should be changed.

> -DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION=		22
> -APACHE_SUPPORTED_VERSION:=	${DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION} 13 20 # preferred version first
> +DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION=		13
> +APACHE_SUPPORTED_VERSION:=	${DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION} 20 22 # preferred version first

@Philip
do you know the reason for the following expression
at top of bsd.apache.mk

> .if !defined(Apache_Pre_Include) || defined(PORT_IS_MODULE)

special the PORT_IS_MODULE.

This was added in rev 1.17 and I haven't found another
reverence for PORT_IS_MODULE in the old Mk/* files

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/Mk/bsd.apache.mk.diff?r1=1.16;r2=1.17