cvs commit: ports/www Makefile ports/www/apache22-itk-mpm Makefile pkg-descr

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Dec 8 17:19:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 07:42:15AM -0800, QAT at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> The Restless Daemon identified a configure error while trying to build:
>  apache-itk-2.2.17_1 maintained by apache at FreeBSD.org
>  Makefile ident: $FreeBSD: ports/www/apache22-itk-mpm/Makefile,v 1.1 2010/12/07 19:25:08 pgollucci Exp $
>
> Excerpt from http://QAT.TecNik93.com/logs/8-STABLE-NPD/apache-itk-2.2.17_1.log :
>
> checking whether to enable mod_ssl... shared
>   adding "-I$(top_srcdir)/modules/ssl" to INCLUDES
> checking whether to enable mod_optional_hook_export... no
> checking whether to enable mod_optional_hook_import... no
> checking whether to enable mod_optional_fn_import... no
> checking whether to enable mod_optional_fn_export... no
> checking for target platform... unix
> checking for rlim_t... yes
> checking sys/time.h usability... yes
> checking sys/time.h presence... yes
> checking for sys/time.h... yes
> checking sys/resource.h usability... yes
> checking sys/resource.h presence... yes
> checking for sys/resource.h... yes
> checking for sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
> checking sys/ipc.h usability... yes
> checking sys/ipc.h presence... yes
> checking for sys/ipc.h... yes
> checking for setsid... yes
> checking for killpg... yes
> checking bstring.h usability... no
> checking bstring.h presence... no
> checking for bstring.h... no
> checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
> checking for syslog... yes
> checking for sys/times.h... (cached) yes
> checking for times... (cached) yes
> checking which MPM to use... itk
> configure: error: the selected mpm -- itk -- is not supported
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to apache at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/work/a/ports/www/apache22-itk-mpm/work/httpd-2.2.17/config.log" including
> the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
> to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
> /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /a/ports/www/apache22-itk-mpm.
> build of /usr/ports/www/apache22-itk-mpm ended at Wed Dec  8 15:42:14 UTC 2010
>
> The tarballed WRKDIR can be found here:
> http://QAT.TecNik93.com/wrkdirs/8-STABLE-NPD/apache-itk-2.2.17_1.tbz
>
> PortsMon page for the port:
> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=www&portname=apache22-itk-mpm
>
> The build which triggered this BotMail was done under
> tinderbox-3.3_3; dsversion: 3.2.1 on RELENG_8 on amd64, kern.smp.cpus: 8
> with tinderd_flags="-nullfs -plistcheck -onceonly" and ccache support, with the
> "official" up-to-date Ports Tree, with the following vars set:
> NOPORTDOCS=yes,  NOPORTEXAMPLES=yes, NOPORTDATA=yes, FORCE_PACKAGE=yes.
>
> A description of the testing process can be found here:
> http://T32.TecNik93.com/FreeBSD/QA-Tindy/

I can confirm this problem, by the way.  I spoke to pgollucci about it
many weeks ago.  I spent literally days trying to track down the source
of the problem (including reviewing all the shell code in the configure
script, etc.), and it really looks to be an autoconf bug.

The workaround?  Simply run "make clean ; make" over and over
until the configure phase works.  Yes, really that is the solution at
this point in time.

Whatever this problem is, is almost certainly the same issue plaguing
the PCRE inclusion bits too.  It really needs to get hammered out; the
Apache port is too important to be in a state of disarray like this.