www/apache20 - fails: configure_error

QAT at FreeBSD.org QAT at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 6 08:44:09 UTC 2010

The Restless Daemon identified a configure error while trying to build:
 apache-2.0.64 maintained by apache at FreeBSD.org
 Makefile ident: $FreeBSD: ports/www/apache20/Makefile,v 1.298 2010/12/04 07:33:53 ade Exp $

Excerpt from http://QAT.TecNik93.com/logs/8-STABLE-NPD/apache-2.0.64.log :

checking for APR... yes
  adding "-g" to CFLAGS
  adding "-pthread" to CFLAGS
  setting CPPFLAGS to " -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE"
  setting INCLUDES to " -I/usr/local/include/apr-0 "

Configuring Apache Portable Runtime Utility library...

checking for APR-util... yes
  adding "-L/usr/local/lib" to LDFLAGS
  adding "-L/usr/local/lib/db42" to LDFLAGS
  adding "-I/usr/local/include" to INCLUDES
  adding "-I/usr/local/include/db42" to INCLUDES
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cpp

Configuring PCRE regular expression library ...

configuring package in srclib/pcre now
/work/a/ports/www/apache20/work/httpd-2.0.64/srclib/pcre/configure: Can't open /work/a/ports/www/apache20/work/httpd-2.0.64/srclib/pcre/configure: No such file or directory
configure failed for srclib/pcre
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to apache at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/work/a/ports/www/apache20/work/httpd-2.0.64/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /a/ports/www/apache20.
build of /usr/ports/www/apache20 ended at Mon Dec  6 04:28:47 UTC 2010

The tarballed WRKDIR can be found here:
http://QAT.TecNik93.com/wrkdirs/8-STABLE-NPD/apache-2.0.64.tbz

PortsMon page for the port:
http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=www&portname=apache20

The build which triggered this BotMail was done under
tinderbox-3.3_3; dsversion: 3.2.1 on RELENG_8 on amd64, kern.smp.cpus: 8
with tinderd_flags="-nullfs -plistcheck -onceonly" and ccache support, with the
"official" up-to-date Ports Tree, with the following vars set:
NOPORTDOCS=yes,  NOPORTEXAMPLES=yes, NOPORTDATA=yes, FORCE_PACKAGE=yes.

A description of the testing process can be found here:
http://T32.TecNik93.com/FreeBSD/QA-Tindy/

Thanks for your work on making FreeBSD better,

--
QAT - your friendly neighborhood Daemon,
preparing  a heck of an error trapping system: