Apache2.2 - MySQL 5.0 - PHP5.5 - PHP-Nuke

ceco108 at gimail.af.mil ceco108 at gimail.af.mil
Tue Sep 4 20:38:06 PDT 2007

I am new PHP, Apache, and MySQL; but I have installed Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.0.45, PHP5.5, and PHP-Nuke 8.0 for a test environment on
a laptop. I can query mysqlDB thru mysql cli --> show databases = info_schema, mysql, nuke, test but when I login as root I can
connect to the PHP-Nuke Installer page, as a non-root user the page whats to open as a text file, and when I su and run firefox
the page wants to download to my desktop. As root the page states -zlibs compression support Unavailable, - GD graphics support
Unavailable, -MySQL support Unavailable. I do not know how to configure support for the unavailable items. I am getting a bit
confussed with Nuke and MySQL docs regarding my.cnf file and the how - where to place the libary files. My file permissions are
hosed for both mysql and the file local in the apache data dir.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ceco