[FreeBSD-Announce] FOSDEM 2008 - CFP for joint *BSD/PostgreSQL developer room

Philip Paeps philip at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 3 08:37:04 PST 2008

Hello world!\n

Like every year, FOSDEM is taking place in Brussels, Belgium the last weekend
of February (23 & 24).  This year will be the eighth edition of the Free and
Open Source software Developers' European Meeting, one of the largest and most
technical open source confereces in Europe.  Attendance is completely free:

  <http://www.fosdem.org/>

For the first time, this year there will be a joint 'developer room' for the
various BSD projects and PostgreSQL coordinated by Daniel Seuffert.  A
tentative schedule for the devroom is at the bottom of this mostly-German
wikipage:

  <https://www.bsdwiki.de/FOSDEM_2007>.

As you can see, there are still some blank spots.  If you're coming to FOSDEM
(of course you are!) please consider contacting <ds at freebsd.org> and giving a
talk about an interesting FreeBSD-related project.

If you're not coming to FOSDEM, perhaps I can change your mind by mentioning
the annual FOSDEM beer event.  This year, the event will take place in a much
larger bar with a much larger selection of beers than previous years:

  <http://www.fosdem.org/2008/beerevent>

We all know that the 'B' in BSD is for 'beer' ... and who knows what the 'S'
and the 'D' might come to mean after a number of Belgian 'B'. :-)

See you in Brussels?

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                     Calm down ... it is only ones and zeros
philip at freebsd.org