[FreeBSD-Announce] Update on The FreeBSD Foundation's Auction

Deb Goodkin deb at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 24 09:09:17 PDT 2007

Dear FreeBSD Community,

I'm so excited about the response we have received regarding the
auction. So far, the bidding is up to $345!

I've received some questions and corrections regarding the auction. I
can't update the eBay page, so I wanted to inform everyone of the
answers and corrections.

First, in the attributes section, I stated it is the 1st Edition. Well,
you probably know from the title that it is the 2nd Edition.

Are you hesitating to bid because you live in Italy and our listing
makes it look like we'll only ship to the US? Well, don't worry, we will
ship anywhere in the world! Michael Lucas has generously offered to ship
the book free for us.

The book will be sent once we receive the payment, and after it has been
printed. This will be around Nov. 11.

MissionFish will send the "winner" a donation receipt. The amount above
$60 (book value) should be tax-deductible in the US. Don't forget you
can also donate to the foundation at
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/.

Thank you to everyone who has made a bid so far.

Sincerely,

Deb Goodkin
The FreeBSD Foundation