[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Summer of Code Projects Announced

Murray Stokely murray at freebsdmall.com
Sat Jul 16 19:10:58 GMT 2005

The FreeBSD Project is pleased to announce its participation in the
Google "Summer of Code" program designed to introduce students to open
source software development.

The FreeBSD Project received over 350 applications, amongst which 18
projects have been selected for funding.

Unfortunately, due to the limited number of spots available, we were
unable to fund many first rate applications.  However, we encourage
students to work together with us all year round.  The FreeBSD Project
is always willing to help mentor students learn more about operating
system development through our normal community mailing lists and
development forums.  Contributing to an open source software project
is a valuable component of a computer science education and great
preparation for a career in software development.