BSD Daemon Statuette and the FreeBSD Fund-Raising Project

Patryk Zadarnowski pat at siliconbreeze.com
Mon Mar 25 14:21:09 PST 2002

I am pleased to announce the first birthday of the BSD Daemon
Statuette and the official launch of our FreeBSD Fund-Raising Project.

In March 2001 Silicon Breeze has teamed up with Eliza Design Studio
and released the first ever sculpted metal rendering of the
BSD Daemon. You can see the results at the Linux Jewellery Store
(http://www.linuxjewellery.com/beastie/)

Of course, every birthday calls for a party, so we're having one on
our web site, and everyone's invited. Our party is a grand giveaway:
while it lasts, we are giving a FREE sculpted "BSD inside" computer
case badge to anyone and everyone who asks. No purchase is required
- just visit our web site and say that you want one.

Every celebrant deserves a birthday present, so we're giving every
Beastie leaving us during the party a friend - a free PicoBSD baby
daemon statuette.

If you'd like to visit the Beastie, wish him a happy birthday, maybe
grab one for yourself, and walk away with his birthday gift, please go
to:
	http://www.linuxjewellery.com/beastie/

We think that the birthday is the perfect occasion to officially
announce our FreeBSD Fund-Raising Project. Effective from March 2002,
Silicon Breeze has decided to donate 15% of the retail price of every
BSD-related product from the Linux Jewellery Store to FreeBSD, so, every
time you buy one of our BSD Daemon statuettes, BSD key-rings, pins or
badges, you know that 15% of the price you pay goes towards developing
FreeBSD! The funds will be donated to FreeBSD in the form of cash bounties
posted for code needed in the kernel and/or cash donations to the
FreeBSD Foundation. To read more, and find out how you can help, please
visit:
	http://www.siliconbreeze.com/freebsd/

--
Patryk Zadarnowski