FreeBSD Real Quick News Letter.

Chris Coleman chrisc at vmunix.com
Tue Sep 21 19:28:58 PDT 1999

		 FreeBSD Real-Quick(TM) NewsLetter.
		    Things Happening in FreeBSD.
	   	   	   September 1999

Release Information:
  FreeBSD 3.3 is available from http://www.FreeBSDMall.com
  FreeBSD 4.0 is now the Development Version with no release scheduled
   until early 2000.

FreeBSD in the News:
   There have been several great articles in the press lately about
   FreeBSD. A lot of them can be found by searching
      http://daily.daemonnews.org

FreeBSD Advocacy:
   The advocacy.freebsd.org site has currently been discontinued.  Most
   of the functionality has been wrapped into http://freebsd.tesserae.com

   I will be attempting to use content from freebsd.tesserae.com to
   automatically generate the RQN in the future.

FreeBSD'zine:
   The FreeBSD zine seems to be having trouble getting authors  I know
   there are lots of people who can write and have time.  Submitting
   articles to the FreeBSD zine is a great way to contribute, especially
   if you don't know enough about coding programs to get your stuff
   committed.

	http://www.freebsdzine.org

Daemon News:
   Due to extreme growth in the BSD community, Daemon News is branching
   out.  Although Oct 1. 1999 is our official release date, our new News
   site is online and functioning:

      http://daily.daemonnews.org

   Feel free to suggest stories and make contents.
   This is not all, be sure to check us out on Oct 1 to see what we have
   done.

      http://www.daemonnews.org

This is a (hopefully) monthly Newsletter, published only by E-mail.

  If you have anything you would like to see in the next edition,
  please post it at http://daily.daemonnews.org/add_story.php3

	-Chris Coleman <chrisc at vmunix.com>
  	 Daemon News Editor in Chief
         http://www.daemonnews.org
  	 Bringing BSD Together.

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org

with "unsubscribe freebsd-announce" in the body of the message