It's new floppy time, folks!

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh
Thu Jun 1 17:23:11 PDT 1995

Yes, I've fixed another mess-o-bugs!  Thanks again to all for your
feedback.  Response has been simply tremendous, and I get the
distinct impression that I'm going to be able to get out of
the bug fixing business soon and get back to completing the docs
if we keep going at this rate.  In the last 24 hours, we've probably
gotten further ahead than a large OS company (and I'm not naming any
names :-) would have with 10 engineers in an entire week!  Please
keep that feedback coming!  We've just another day or so to go
before 2.0.5R.

This should close the following list of reported problems:

        o DOS install didn't work.
        o root floppy didn't get mounted correctly.
        o error checking for root floppy extraction wasn't very robust
        o numerous bugs in ftp installation
        o Swedish docs weren't printed correctly.
        o Norwegian README had improper spacing
        o No Spanish docs available.
        o FTP media doesn't allow you to log in as other than anonymous.
        o "Cancel" vs ESC handling very confusing.
        o German README file missing umlaut chars.
        o swap partitions not added to /etc/fstab.
        o Not assigning mountpoint to DOS partition causes loop.
        o Some XFree86 distributions were misnamed.
        o Distribution loop bailed out at wrong times.
        o Reboot leaves user at blue screen.
        o ix0 (Intel etherexpress) probed too soon, confusing other devs.

I've also added a number of "seat belts" to the installation, making
it much more difficult to hurt yourself.  Please let me know how it
goes!

Thanks!

					Jordan