amd64/180018: System panics when bsnmpd is started

Alan Amesbury amesbury at oitsec.umn.edu
Thu Jun 27 01:00:01 UTC 2013

>Number:         180018
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       System panics when bsnmpd is started
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD tumbrel.oitsec.umn.edu 9.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p4 #3: Wed Jun 26 15:47:13 CDT 2013 root at tumbrel.oitsec.umn.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OITSEC-9 amd64

Hardware is a Dell PowerEdge R620 with current BIOS (1.6.0).  OS was
just updated to 9.1-RELEASE-p4.

Starting bsnmpd on this system triggers a panic.  The hardware is thought to
be OK, but dedicated testing of RAM, etc., isn't possible at the moment.
I've captured two backtraces and, to my admittedly novice eye, they appear
identical.  Output to follow shortly.

>How-To-Repeat:
Starting bsnmpd reliably triggers this panic.