Bug Report: IBM x3650M4 (32GB, 2x4-core Xeon E5-2600, IBM ServeRaid M5110e): fails in install with NMI

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Tue Aug 28 15:31:22 UTC 2012

Hello Mike

On 28.08.2012 16:50, Mike A wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 04:41:54PM +0200, Fabian Wenk wrote:
>>  On the installed system create, or edit, the file
>>  /boot/loader.conf and add the line like this:
>>
>>  hint.mpt.0.msi_enable="0"
>>
>>  Then you need to reboot to test.
>
> I would happily do precisely that, if only I could get the system to
> install. The failure occurs during boot of the install CDROM, before
> bsdinstall ever gets started.

OK, I did had to wade through the only documentation too, as I
did not see an installer recently. ;)

During the FreeBSD boot menu (with the several options to
choose), use "2. Escape to loader prompt". There you need to type
the following lines:

set hint.mpt.0.msi_enable="0"
boot

Hopefully this should do the trick, but this needs to be done
again after the system is installed, until you have set the
option in the /boot/loader.conf.

bye
Fabian