amd64/155593: MPD .16.1 ignores embedded cue sheets in FLAC files with or without libcue installed

hemi hemi at bigblock.com.au
Wed Mar 16 07:40:15 UTC 2011

>Number:         155593
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       MPD .16.1 ignores embedded cue sheets in FLAC files with or without libcue installed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD flyingfox.dyndns.org 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Sat Mar 12 20:29:36 EST 2011 root at flyingfox.dyndns.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
C2D E6400, 2GB RAM, MSI P965 Platinum mainboard, 6xHD in RAIDZ (ZFS)

	With MPD .15, single file FLAC archives with embedded cue sheets were treated as containing multiple tracks by MPD as long as libcue was installed.  Upgrading to MPD .16 and this functionality is broken.
>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/textproc/libcue/
make install clean
cd /usr/ports/audio/musicpd/
make install clean
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/musicpd onestart

fire up a client like ncmpc, open a flac archive with embedded cue, and see just the whole archive instead of its individual tracks.
>Fix:

I don't know.  If my C was much good I would check first to see whether libcue was being registered when MPD is compiled.