amd64/154112: user can delete file witch owned by root:wheel

Ihor R kaba at goodnet.com.ua
Tue Jan 18 19:32:14 UTC 2011

 On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:22:53 GMT, kib at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> User home directory is owned by user, right ?
> The system works as intended, read about unix file permission model.

 The home user directory is owned by user, but I quote don't understand
 how I can provide hosting service for my users, if anybody user can
 delete any files in his home directory. By example:

 if I want to block some resources, like site, by adding "deny from all"
 to .htaccess and replace owner of this file to root:wheel. User can not
 change this file (rewrite) but he can delete this file any time he wish
 - and the site will go on to work and can make some steps to damage
 server.

 Can you please explain me how can I get back to Unix where users can't
 delete file which they not own. What steps I need to do to solve current
 problem.
 I need that users can't change or delete files, that users not own,
 anyway it's (files) placed.