amd64/152097: Sound button in Lenovo T61p mutes sound in kde

Jared Barneck rhyous at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 08:30:10 UTC 2010

>Number:         152097
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Sound button in Lenovo T61p mutes sound in kde
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD slc-jab.ld.landesk.com 8.1-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE-p1 #8: Tue Oct 19 00:11:06 MDT 2010     jared at slc-jab.ld.landesk.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KRNL0  amd64

Issue
======
A Lenovo T61p has three sound buttons on the top left.

Mute, Sound down, Sound up

When I press mute nothing appears to happen.

When I press sound up or down, my system mutes the pcm but moves the muted Mic sound up and down, instead of the speaker sound.

If I unmute the Mic, then when I press sound up or down, my system doesn't mute the pcm but will not go below 95:95 no matter how many times I push sound down.

Expected
=========
mute to mute.
Sound up and sound down to work

>How-To-Repeat:
Install FreeBSD.  I am in a desktop environemnt setup as documented here:
http://rhyous.com/2009/12/18/how-to-install-and-configure-a-freebsd-8-desktop-with-xorg-and-kde/