ldd32 missing amd64/8.1-RELEASE

Devin Teske dteske at vicor.com
Wed Aug 11 23:32:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 02:10 +0000, b. f. wrote:
> > Where can I find ldd32?
>
> According to lib32.mtree, somewhere in the archives in:
>
> ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org:21/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/8.1-RELEASE/lib32/

Excellent! You da man!

After downloading the lib32 distribution set and installing, I was
immediately able to both execute ldd on 32-binaries (no more
"/usr/bin/ldd32: No such file or directory" error) and also execute the
32-bit binaries themselves.

Although, there was one issue (perhaps a by-product of installing lib32
after-the-fact) in that the compatibility libraries installed by
compat5x-amd64 were not automatically picked up and I had to re-run
`ldconfig -32 /usr/local/lib32/compat' to get it to pick up this one
shared library that I needed.

GREAT stuff! Thank you so much for the quick reply too! You're simply
awesome ^_^
--
Cheers,
Devin Teske

-> CONTACT INFORMATION <-
Business Solutions Consultant II
FIS - fisglobal.com
510-735-5650 Mobile
510-621-2038 Office
510-621-2020 Office Fax
909-477-4578 Home/Fax
devin.teske at fisglobal.com

-> LEGAL DISCLAIMER <-
This message  contains confidential  and proprietary  information
of the sender,  and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any
other person  is strictly prohibited.  If you have  received this
message in error,  please notify  the e-mail sender  immediately,
and delete the original message without making a copy.

-> END TRANSMISSION <-