amd64/144376: [panic] continuous reboot on motherboards with ATI SB7xx controller and RAID enabled

Gigi Italiano luigiitaliano at libero.it
Mon Apr 12 14:30:07 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR amd64/144376; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gigi Italiano <luigiitaliano at libero.it>
To: Keven Guindon <guindonk at cepc.ca>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/144376: [panic] continuous reboot on motherboards with
 ATI SB7xx controller and RAID enabled
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:26:43 +0200

 Keven Guindon ha scritto:

 > The raid on this motherboard is a fake. So, we just need to disable
 > raid and use gmirror for freebsd.

 Of course, if we need RAID 1, but it is just a workaround, not a
 solution. Even if FreeBSD does not support this kind of fakeraid, it
 should not automatically reboot.
 Traditionally, FreeBSD works very well with this kind of hybrid RAID
 controllers, one of its point of strenght, so I think this issue must be
 investigated.