cpu does not support long mode

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Jun 17 21:12:12 UTC 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Nate Eldredge wrote:
> So it appears that you really do have a 32-bit machine on your
> hands. Sorry :(

No worries.  I have a bunch of Opteron machines too ;-)  But these
were sitting around bored and thus handy.

> This was some interesting research, by the way: I learned something
> about CPU history, and the horrific mess that is Intel's part
> numbering system.

omg yes.  I spent probably 2 hours doing the exact same trace you
did.  I pulled the chips and used those numbers to get info pages from
Intel which contained... nothing.  It was amazingly bad.

I did learn a lot though :-(

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness