amd64/135040: [ata] FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk on SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2

Ralf Folkerts ralf.folkerts at gmx.de
Thu Jul 23 17:31:29 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR amd64/135040; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ralf Folkerts <ralf.folkerts at gmx.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, ralf.folkerts at gmx.de
Subject: Re: amd64/135040: [ata] FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk
 on SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:02:47 +0200

 Hi,

 unfortunately I did not manage to get the Info re. the BIOS-Bug that was
 mentioned in the amd64-Mailing-List-Post by Jung-uk Kim :-(

 So, would it be possible to "generally" limit the DMA-Size in the
 ATA-Driver for the SB600?

 After running a few Tests I reverted back to the hw.physmem as I'm
 afraid of having to re-apply the Mod. to the DMA code each time rebuild
 the Kernel ;-)

 Cheers,
 _ralf_