Problems cross compiling (using icc) at /usr/src level-- include path?

Vivek Thakkar vivekt.vivek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 00:51:07 PST 2009

Hi,

I am cross compiling freebsd system using "icc" at /usr/src level on host
amd64 platform. I find that during the build process, freebsd creates
temporary include directory
at ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}/${.CURDIR}/tmp/usr/include path using '__include'
rule. But I can't understand how the gcc adds this include path in its list
of directories to be searched.

My icc compiler fails to do the same. As a work around, I tried to use
-idirafter option (same for icc and gcc) because gcc adds this path at the
end of the list. This works for some libraries but fails
for the others because mkdep does not create dependencies on system include
paths (which is what -idirafter does, i.e. adds the new path as a system
level search path). As a result my compilation
fails at mkdep stage. Any help in understanding this would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
-Vivek