amd64/127397: [amd64] 32bit application on FreeBSD-6.3 amd64 gets SIGBUS

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 16 17:39:25 UTC 2008

I can't quickly reproduce this on a roughly week old 6.4-PRERELEASE
with a Turion64x2, though that system has been up for nearly 4 days.

What else, if anything, is running on the system when it fails or
doesn't fail?

Does running lots of (especially large) processes before running your
test reduce the likelihood of the failure occurring?

Off the top of my head this looks like a race condition in the code that
migrates i386 processes between CPUs - possibly a missing or misplaced
memory barrier.  Actually tracking this down is likely to be difficult.

--
Peter Jeremy