amd64/128810: AMD 64 port installation

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Nov 13 22:40:05 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR amd64/128810; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at optushome.com.au>
To: Stanley Chan <stan at dosonresorthotel.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/128810: AMD 64 port installation
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:33:41 +1100

 --yVhtmJPUSI46BTXb

 On 2008-Nov-12 05:20:55 +0000, Stanley Chan <stan at dosonresorthotel.net> wro=
 te:
 >When I using the port t install libxml2 and ImageMagick the following erro=
 r comes up.

 >gmake[2]: *** [libxml2.la] Error 1
 >gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.6.=
 32'
 >gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 >gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.6.=
 32'
 >gmake: *** [all] Error 2
 >*** Error code 2

 Unfortunately, this is just make unwinding after the error and doesn't
 provide any details on what went wrong.

 Could you please post the last 40-50 lines of output, as well as the
 exact command line you used and the contents (if any) of your /etc/make.conf

 When did you last update your ports tree?

 --=20
 Peter Jeremy

 --yVhtmJPUSI46BTXb

 --yVhtmJPUSI46BTXb--