Rescheduled 7.0 Release Date?

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 22:31:58 PST 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 04:18:39AM +0100, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
 > On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:19:48 +0100
 > Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:
 >
 > > Doesn't the patches[1] for re posted by Pyun YongHyeon earlier
 > > work on 6.3?
 >
 > After testing, I acn answer this myself; no - those patches doesn't
 > work on RELENG_6. They appky, but the resulting module doesn't compile.

Recent PCIe variants from RealTek have shown various stability
issues on amd64. I guess most of the issues were fixed in HEAD.
Could you try re(4) in HEAD? I guess you can use the HEAD version
after changing m_collapse(...) to m_defrag(*m_head, M_DONTWAIT)
in if_re.c to build it on RELENG_6.

 > Furthermore, it seems like if_re doesn't work on FreeBSD 6.3-RC2 or
 > FreeBSD 6.3-stable.
 > It works a little while - I use dhcp, and it aquires an ip address and
 > the rest of the dhcp parameters. But when I try to pass traffic (for
 > example ping by ip address), all packets gets lost.
 >
 > Even if my machine didn't panic, I tried to apply the patch in PR
 > kern/118719[1], but it didn't apply cleany for some reason.

If you have to run re(4) with debug.mpsafenet=0 it's possible
to encounter the same bug in the PR. Otherwise, I guess the
patch in PR have nothing to do with re(4) stability issues
you're seeing.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon