amd64/119822: when a try compile some ports I received for exampre: "courier-imap-4.3.0, 1 is marked as broken: "Incomplete pkg-plist"

linimon at FreeBSD.org linimon at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 20 20:07:28 PST 2008

Synopsis: when a try compile some ports I received for exampre: "courier-imap-4.3.0,1 is marked as broken: "Incomplete pkg-plist"

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: linimon
State-Changed-When: Mon Jan 21 04:03:50 UTC 2008
State-Changed-Why:
This is by design.

We try to make ports install _and_ deinstall cleanly.  What you are
finding is some ports that do not deinstall cleanly, and thus don't meet
our criteria for proper ports and have been marked "broken".  Most likely
there are files that are left behind on deinstall; in a few cases, files
may be listed for deinstall that aren't installed in the first place.

You can find out if the ports are already fixed via:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/

or take a look at the ports monitoring system to find out if there are
still errors:

  http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py