** 64 bit FreeBSD vs. 32bit version **

David drywash47 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 18:11:44 UTC 2008

I installed FreeBSD 64 bit

uname -a
FreeBSD web1.servername.com 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD
6.2-RELEASE #0: Sun Jan  6 22:37:33 CST 2008
root at web1:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/web1  amd64

I'm concerned that some programs which I need to
install may not run now.  Quite upsetting as I have
always run FreeBSD but not the 64 bit version and its
a bit too late to do an OS reload of 32 bit version.

Can anyone help me to get MS frontpage extensions to
install on this version of FreeBSD?  The latest
extensions are fp50.freebsd.tar.gz which can be found
on most any google search.

I did notice someone claim that it works on apache 1.3
only and that does not work with 64-bit OS.

I am not sure if this statement is a fact or if they
just could not get it working on a 64 bit OS.  Anyone
succeed with this install?

Thanks,

David