Installing FreeBSD-amd64 on intel xeon processor

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Feb 21 12:42:39 UTC 2008

> do you mean to say it is absolutely fine to run a 32 bit FreeBSD i386
>  compiled application to run on 64 bit Freebsd-amd64 OS running on xeon
> processor ?

Yes, this works fine. I would suggest yopu compile your application
tso that it is staticly linked, bbut other than that it should work. The
only time it might not is if it uses kernel interfaces - there is a thread
over  on freebsd-stable about this right now actually that you might want
to take a look at.

-pete.