[ATA] and re(4) stability issues

Victor Balada Diaz victor at bsdes.net
Mon Dec 15 23:19:22 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:02:07AM +0100, Victor Balada Diaz wrote:
> Stopped stress testing this morning. After all the weekend testing
> seems the re(4) problems were fixed. No single interface up/down error.
> netstat -i reports no errors and everything is fine. Thanks a lot!
>
> I'm going to deploy the patches on our production machines.
>
> I've been able to trigger interrupt storms with ATA code, though.

After deploying it in various machines this night i've found in the
logs messages like this one:

re0: watchdog timeout (missed Tx interrupts) -- recovering

I know you told me this is harmless, so this is just so you
know it's happening.

Regards.

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.