amd64/117296: I dodn`t see second SATA IDE on VIA VT8237A

Mihail Keepa msnkipa at mail.ru
Thu Oct 18 05:30:01 PDT 2007

>Number:         117296
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       I dodn`t see second SATA IDE on VIA VT8237A
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have motherboard (asus m2v-mx) wiht VAI VT8237A south bridge. When i connect my SATA HDD to second master SATA I see in in bios, RAID utility and can boot DOS from it, but I don`t see in FreeBSD! Onle ad10 - which is primary SATA are detecting. If hardware RAID is configured, kernel wrote that in is broken, and onle one hdd is avaliable.
What can i do in it situation? Bye new SATA RAID card?
PS: I try to connect different hdd from different vendors, but all of them are SATAII. In the VT8237 we have SATAI