Any Update on HP Workstation Support? XW9300

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:29:18 PST 2007

On 11/27/07, Jeff Isaac <cineveggie.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings All!
>
> I am new to this list (normally hanging out on Freebsd-PPC) and have
> a question regarding some possible hardware support changes in
> FreeBSD 7. I was wondering whether support has been added for the HP
> XW9300 Professional Workstation. 6 would not boot with the problems
> described here:
>
> http://bsd.haofood.net/2006/02/02/freebsd-on-hp-xw/

I have an HP dc7700 that gives the "no smap" error when trying to boot
7.0-BETA2-amd64, but boots fine with 7.0-BETA3-i386. So your problem
MIGHT be solved for i386, but probably not solved for amd64. I haven't
tried BETA3-amd64 (assuming it exists), but I've seen no suggestion
that this was fixed between betas.

There is a PR that is related:

- Bob