Flash on amd64

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sun Nov 18 16:28:40 PST 2007

In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.0710131558530.25796 at knuth.cs.hmc.edu> you write:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm trying to get Flash working on 6.2/amd64.  I found a lot of
>suggestions on the web but most were not current, and I wasn't able to get
>any of them working.  Instead of detailing everything that didn't work,
>I'd just like to ask if anyone is successfully using Flash on amd64, and
>if so, what is your setup?

Flash (mostly) works here using native firefox, linux-flashplugin7 and
nspluginwrapper.  Don't forget to do the
	nspluginwrapper -i /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
as the user you are going to use flash with, and then (re)start firefox.

 You can then go to
	about:plugins
to verify the plugin was registered.  Oh and yes, flash9 can be used like
this too, but it still crashes at least on youtube...  (Well it did on i386,
I didn't try on amd64.)

 HTH,
	Juergen