Tyan 2865 soft power switch doesn't work with FreeBSD

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Mon Jun 11 09:42:54 UTC 2007

Hello Dieter

Dieter wrote:
> With FreeBSD 6.2, after halting the system, the soft power switch
> does not power down the system.

I have the same symptom with a Tyan Thunder i7520 (S5360) server
board. Pressing the power button for a few seconds turns the
system off. But for me this is not a problem, as I seldom have to
turn it off.

For FreeBSD/i386 the following could be enabled in the GENERIC
kernel, but it is missing in the amd64 GENERIC (maybe this does
not work):

# Power management support (see NOTES for more options)
#device         apm

bye
Fabian