amd64/113232: mfi(4) patch to enable megacli(8) on Dell PowerEdge PERC5

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Jun 2 11:50:12 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR amd64/113232; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net>
To: "Brian A. Seklecki" <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/113232: mfi(4) patch to enable megacli(8) on Dell PowerEdge
 PERC5
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:11:49 +0000 (UTC)

 On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

 Hi,

 >> Number:         113232
 >> Category:       amd64
 >> Synopsis:       mfi(4) patch to enable megacli(8) on Dell PowerEdge PERC5

 what's this PR about? You want my patch to be merged to RELENG_6?
 If so I can ask the people who did the actual work on HEAD if they are
 willing to do so.

 Be remembered that you can hang controller if you are using
 linux-megacli and the wrong commands. Check whatever works for your
 hardware before putting the machine into production and write it down
 and be prepared to press the power button multiple times during this
 testing to get the machine back to life and fsck your filesystems!