Linux JDK-1.5.0_12 (i386) unusable on amd64

Tue Jul 10 07:35:13 UTC 2007

Quoting "Mikhail T." <mi+metlife at aldan.algebra.com> (from Mon, 09 Jul
2007 15:04:01 -0400):

> Hello!
>
> I just tried to build the regular jdk15 port on my amd64 machine. It
> relies on the Linux jdk15 to bootstrap.
>
> Unfortunately, all invocations of javac and java were crashing with a
> HotSpot stack (linux-sun-jdk-1.5.0.12,2).

> I'm unsure, where the blame lies -- with the Linuxulator, or the amd64
> (6.2-stable from June 7th) -- but something needs to be done...

Can you please try with a more recent -stable? On Sunday I committed
some fixes which may or may not help (I don't remember if those fixes
helped on -current or not).

I also have some more fixes (MFCs) in the queue, if you are interested
to help test them on -stable please tell me.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the
lowly ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as