trouble finding FireFox plugin in diablo latest

perlcat perlcat at alltel.net
Tue Apr 10 20:49:50 UTC 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 09:56:51 Free BSD wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I tried to install diablo-jdk-15, and even after CVSup, I don't find any
> libjava file in the jre section, neither are there any plugins folder.

Same issue here. amd64 6.2-STABLE, ports tree synched as of 12 March. looking
to run FireFox in 64 bit native (not 32 bit linux emulation). Installed
diablo-jre-15 and diablo-jdk-15, the plugin is not in either of them. I
assume the plugin name is different for 64 bit, but I do not know how to make
it build. The jdk build instructions say how to build for 32bit platforms,
but are silent when it comes to 64bit.

Built  jdk15 (23 March -- no changes to ports in the interval), nothing there.
Same went for jre15 build.

This plugin is present in linux-firefox/jdk/jre 1.4.2:

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel     78 Mar 23
14:46 /usr/local/lib/linux-firefox/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

but that one seems to have issues with the application I am trying to run.
Given the nature of the app (SSL tunnel by dodgy hw vendor), I can't say I'm
all that surprised, which is why I'm trying to use a more recent jre on
native platform. I can live without flash, but I can't get by without
connectivity.

Last cvsup (10 April) shows no changes to the appropriate ports directories...

CC:ing both lists, as from everything I see, it pertains to both hardware
platform and java.

Tyson