Upgrading Turion64 X2 Laptop, need input

Dan Olson danolson at visi.com
Sun Oct 22 11:53:47 PDT 2006

Coleman Kane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking into getting a Turion64 X2 laptop to replace
> the Gateway 7422gx that I have. Has anyone had success with
> any specific models under -CURRENT ? I have read the mailing
> lists and seen some discussion about the APIC/ACPI problems
> as well as some trouble with the second core not booting up
> all the time? Are there any success stories that can help me
> out?
>
> --
> Coleman Kane

I just bought an HP dv6119us laptop with the Turion X2 which does not
work right with apic and thus smp with i386. But if I set
hint.apic.0.disabled=1 at the loader prompt it boots fine without using
the 2nd core.

I filed a PR about this to day under kern/104678

I also posted a mail to the SMP list and haven't seen any responses,
positive or negative.

Sorry

Dan