wine still unusable?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Oct 11 18:17:30 PDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 02:07:48AM +0100, Igor Mozolevsky wrote:
> I do like the FreeBSD community approach to bug reports - fix it
> yourself and send us a patch! Having thought that PR stood for
> Problem Report, it is becoming clear that it actually stands for
> Problem Resolution!..

The PR database is primarily intended for reports of bugs in FreeBSD,
not "new features I'd like to see that will take someone dozens or
hundreds of hours to implement".  While there is a "wish-list"
category in GNATS, a realistic submitter will not expect action on
such items just because they submit a PR.

Finally, yes, FreeBSD is a community project, not a mysterious closed
system where you submit your requests into the black box of developers
and out pops your answer as if by magic.  So it's not at all
unreasonable that submitters of difficult or unrealistic requests be
invited to participate in the process of solving them.

Kris