Support for Tyan S3892?

Ireneusz Pluta ipluta at wp.pl
Wed Nov 8 10:16:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

does anyone have any experience with Tyan S3892 motherboard? Will FreeBSD/amd64 run on it?

I already found that using the two BCM5780 based on-board GbE LAN ports may be problematic, per
current bge driver development status, but I can live with this installing another PCI-X LAN
controller if needed. But are there any other problems possible with this motherboard?

I want to use TYAN TA26 B3893 barebone, which comes equipped with this card, for building a
PostgreSQL based database system.

Thank you

Ireneusz Pluta