6.0-RELEASE/AMD64 Ram Capacity?

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Mon Mar 13 21:22:09 UTC 2006

Gary Palmer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 01:57:53PM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
>
>>Storage drivers that simply will not work::
>>
>>asr
>>asr
>>asr
>>asr
>>asr
>>pst
>>ida
>>sym
>

> Any particular reason "asr" is listed 5 times?  Did you mean to replace
> some of them with other drivers, or are you emphatically sure that asr
> is broken? :-)

It's there to make a point.  Do not buy asr hardware and expect it to
work on amd64.  The driver comes from the vendor, and the vendor hasn't
had any interest in supporting it since 2001.  There are many other
vendors who make much higher quality cards and who are actively
interested in supporting FreeBSD, so I recommend doing business with
them.

Scott