SMP system not running SMP

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Jun 27 14:01:48 UTC 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 9:17 AM, Peter Seebach wrote:

> I don't know how many amd64 users are trying for SMP, but it's
> interesting
> that no one seems to be doing it successfully with Adaptec controllers
> (possibly qualified to "on motherboards with this chipset").

Sun Fire X4100 dual opteron, Adaptec 2230 SLP PCI-X card attached to
14-disk U320 disk array.  FreeBSD 6.0-REL.  Running non-stop since
January as a busy postgresql server.  I'm buying another one this
week since they're so stable.

I can post dmesg if you care, but trust me, it works....  the only
thing I have left to solve is the serial console (which is why it is
not upgraded to freebsd 6.1 yet)