SMP system not running SMP

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 27 08:21:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:42:31PM +0100, Pete French wrote:
> > What motherboard do you experience this with?
>
> MSI K8D Master-F

Ah, the MS-9131.  MSI abandoned this board back in 2003 shortly after it
was launched.  However, I convinced them to do some additional BIOS work,
but MSI never came thru on their promise to post the new versions to
their website.

I've put all the MS-9131 BIOS's I have [1.20, 1.27, 1.32] at
http://trang.nuxi.org:8080/x86-64/MSI-9131-BIOS.zip

** THESE SHOULD BE TREATED AS BETA QUALITY!
** ONLY FLASH WITH THEM IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND CAN RECOVER
** FROM A BAD FLASH.

I only have releases note for version 1.20:
    1. This is AMI BIOS, third formal release. 2003/11/28. version 1.2
    2. Added  Feature:
       (a)Add support for all series of AMD Opteron(up to 248)
       (b)Updated AMD memory reference
    3. Problem Solved
       (a) Fixed the issue that SuSe-Linux 64Bit BOOT with USB-CDROM will
           hang.
       (b) Fixed the LSI-22915 U160 SCSI card will hang on POST.
       (c) WakeUp from S1 fail if pressed KBD/moved Mouse during it
           entering StandBy.

I probably have emails at work stating the changes in version 1.27 and
1.32.  So I'll have to look for those later.

I know that in at least 1.32, I finally got MSI to come to the
realization that the standard serial console configuration is 9600bps.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)
A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?