Runaway memory usage on 6.1/amd64

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 23:24:56 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Robert Leftwich <freebsd at rtl.fmailbox.com> wrote:
> Robert Leftwich wrote:
> >
> > I've tried a vanilla 6.1 install (straight off the CD, no cvsup) which
> > installs Postgres 8.1.3 and Python 2.4.2, as well as cvsup to the latest
> > 6.1 release and updating everything to the latest ports (PG8.1.4 and
> > Python 2.4.3) without success.
>
> The same occurs on 6.1 stable, if anyone is interested.

If you have the cvs repository, you could checkout a 6.1 RC 1 source
tree and see if that gives you a stable system.

cvs -d /home/ncvs co src -rRELENG_6 -D "2006-04-08 14:42:23 UTC"

If you already have a checked out source tree use "update" instead of "co".

According to a message from Scott Long, 6.1 Beta 4 was made available
on Mar 14, 2006 22:30:25 -0700.

Note: This is the date of the announce message not the time the source
was checked out from the cvs repository, though it may get you close
enough to the 6.1 Beta 4.

After you get back to the stable 6.1 beta 4, you might want to try
doing a binary search of the sources to find out what cvs checked out
date causes the problem to occurs.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.