Can not install FreeBSD 6.1 on a RAID1 SATA array (Dell power edge S420)

Xi Liu xliu99 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 04:43:41 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 6.1 on a RAID1 SATA
array (Dell power edge S420). The BIOS was able to
list the 2 SATA drives as single drive. But the
FreeBSD 6.1 installation menu only lists the 2
individual SATA drives to install, nothing like a
single drive shows up in the list.

Do I need special driver (like the aac driver)? If so,
how do I load/add it as I am using the installation
CD.

Thanks,
Xi