Problem with Adaptec 2200S on -amd64

Chris Timmons cwt at networks.cwu.edu
Mon Feb 27 13:33:27 PST 2006

I am running Adaptec firmware rev. 8205 on a pair of 2200S cards, each in
a SuperMicro SuperServer using the X6DH8-G board, and Xeon EM64T
processors.

I've not seen anything like that happening, running the generic SMP kernel
on amd64 through FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #1: Sun Feb 19 16:35:40.

I have also run firmware revision 7349 on these boxes (it was what came on
the 2200s) and was able to install and configure normally.

The sysutils/aaccli port has ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=i386, but at least for
checking the array status it also works fine on my amd64 installation.

I know this doesn't help you that much but if there was a generic amd64
driver issue I'm sure I would have seen it by now :(

-Chris