anyone successfully using an icp-vortex / iir controller?

V. T. Mueller freebsd-amd64 at datafarm.de
Wed Feb 22 09:33:47 PST 2006

Hello,

is there anyone here successfully using a raid-controller that's
supported by iir(4) in a system with >= 4GB RAM?

After a couple of days testing with both GDT8500RZ and GDT8114RZ it
seems as if the iir driver is broken. Disk access crashes the system
when there are >=4GB of main memory installed.

I would reall ylike to here that it's a local problem, but with all
the data collected so far I would also be really surprised to hear so.

If noone convices me that it's working, I will file a bug report
tomorrow.

Cheers,
vt