FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64+NVIDIA

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Dec 29 09:16:51 PST 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 17:02, Fulvio Mariola wrote:
> I have installed FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 to the  notebook. The graphic-card
> is NVIDIA GeFORCE Go 7600.
> The NVIDIA vendor don't release driver for This architecture.
> Can I try??

You can use the open source nv(4x) driver; this will probably be "fast enough"
although it is notably missing any dual head features (might be important if
you need to do presentations with the laptop).

> I make the kernel or to return at ix86 architecture?

Yes, i386 runs fine on amd64 machines.

[ade], running i386 on this amd64x2 because of dual-head + nvidia, but
thinking of swapping in a leftover ATI R300

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot